Sumi Open Kitchen is hiring a professional chef / front house with strong passion for Japanese cuisine.
The menu is omakase trust the chef set menu 4 or 6 course with option of Sake paring.
We want the menu to be always freshness and quality. It will always be changing with the availability of new ingredients and the change of the season. We will focus on classic dishes but we're not afraid to mix it up with some fun ides that break from Japanese tradition.
What you’ll get when you join our team:
• 35-40 hours 4-5days shift per week. Afternoon/ night shifts base.
• 4 weeks annual leave
• Staff meals
• Competitive pay (Great tips, shared equally with floor staff)
Starting with part time or full time contract. For a right candidate will have opportunity to change a contract to Full-time / salary package.
What we’re looking for in our staff:
• Industry experience – minimum 3 years experience in a similar role is essential.
• Must have skill of fillet a whole fish.
• Ability to create a high level, creative and inventive menu
• Working side by side with the Chef Owner - You will be responsible for supporting Chef Owner in day to day operations, including but not limited to assisting with ordering, ensuring food safety, and all general kitchen related tasks as instructed. Prep, service and pack down and all general tasks. This is a hands on role and a great opportunity to make your mark and develop your career.
If this resonates and you’re keen to join our team, please apply via form or email
• Your CV with reference
• VISA type with expiring dates if applicable
• A short email outlining why you’d like to work with us
Or please bring your resume between 10-2pm with your smile if you wanna chat.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Sumi Open Kitchen
Chef owner, Giles Hohnen